Friday, May 7, 2010

Nikon D90, Metz 45CL4 Problem & Solution

NIKON D90, METZ 45CL4: PROBLEM
I recently switched from a Nikon D200 to a Nikon D90 to get the larger image size and larger viewing screen.  The D90 is great, and costs less than the D300 (successor to the D200).

When I attached my Metz 45CL4 to the D90 (using the SCA 3045 cord and the SCA 3402 dedicated TTL module) it would not work.  Actually, it would work for about 10 seconds and then not fire. So, I had to turn off my D90 and turn it back on again every time I wanted to take a shot.

HERE'S THE SOLUTION:
The problem turned out to be that my SCA 3402 dedicated TTL module (labeled M7) worked with the D200, but did not work with the D90.  You have to buy the new one, labeled M8, to use the Metz with the D90.

I hope I have saved you some frustration.  This was a challenging experience but an easy fix: all I had to do was buy my way out of it.

Thanks, Pat Ryan

Visit our website www.businessvisuals.net to see more examples of our work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading our blog. We are glad you stopped by to visit.