Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Merry Mobile Ice Cream Truck



I saw this in Millington, TN a few years ago and knew immediately (like a lot of you) what it was. I snapped a photo of it and got to work. It is embarrassing how many hours I spent retouching this. The image on the right is how the Merry Mobile looked in my memories. Can you remember what you bought? Did your mom leave ice cream money for you by the front door? Did you ever miss the Merry Mobile and chase it down the street? I hope this brings back memories for you.

Visit our website www.businessvisuals.net to see more examples of our work.

3 comments:

  1. A little bird (a Robin to be exact) mentioned your Merry Mobile and I wanted to see what it was. You've done a beautiful job recreating it and I can see why it brings back wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing this glimpse into the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments. You know how it is when you work on a project and it takes over your life. But it's so much fun! I used the "before" picture as a template and painted at 90% so a hint of the rust is still faintly in the "after" picture. After I photographed the Merry Mobile someone actually restored it for real. Thanks for looking. Pat Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Merrymobile shirt patch when my dad did some driving for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading our blog. We are glad you stopped by to visit.